Mexican Style Pizza!
Today I was craving some crusty pizza and my dad wanted Mexican, so I combined the two and made Mexican style pizza. My inspiration came from CPK’s tostada pizza. I used the same recipe for the pizza crust from my previous pizza post, just without adding the oregano. Enjoy!
Serves: 3-4 people Cook Time - 1 hour
1/2 bell pepper chopped
1/2 medium size red onion chopped
3/4 cup of corn
1 cup of shredded lettuce
sliced jalapenos - to your taste
1 can of pinto beans _ you ca nuse black or kidney instead as well
1 tablespoon of taco seasoning
your choice of salsa
1. Pre heat your oven to 430 F.
2. Make your pizza crust from this post.
3. Make your beans - Empty your can of beans into a sauce pan and using a potato masher…or your hands…smash the beans up. Now add the taco seasoning and mix well over low heat. After 2 minutes or take it off the heat and put the beans aside.
4. Start building the pizza- Spread the beans onto the pizza crust. Then sprinkle on half of each topping ;chopped bell pepper, corn, and onions. Now sprinkle on your Mexican blend of cheese- ad as much as or little as your want. I’m a big cheese fan so I went all in. Now add the other half of the toppings onto the pizza along with the slices of jalapeno. Brush olive oil onto the crust/edges of the pizza.
5. Bake your pizza for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is nice and golden.
6. Sprinkle the shredded lettuce onto the pizza and drizzle your favorite salsa onto the pizza
7. Get fatty! :-)
Easy, quick, and hits the spot!
- audreyblair reblogged this from phillyfoodgirl
- picatso reblogged this from phillyfoodgirl
- jkwezzy likes this
- peachtreeestreets likes this
- clancypantz likes this
- begratefultobe reblogged this from phillyfoodgirl
- dancelikeitsyourlast22 reblogged this from phillyfoodgirl
- alicelorraine reblogged this from phillyfoodgirl
- audreyblair likes this
- phillyfoodgirl posted this